1. What are my local fire procedures?
We discuss and agree these with the local Chief Fire Officer. Your onsite FirstPort member of staff will provide you with a policy that applies to your development. Please familiarise yourself with this when you move in.
2. Where do you keep all the fire equipment and exits?
All developments are fitted with fire alarms, fire instructions, logbook, notices and fire fighting equipment recommended by Fire Officers. Specialist contractors are responsible for the regular maintenance of fire alarms and fire-fighting equipment.
All fire exits will be accessible and clearly marked.
3. Where is the emergency lighting?
This is automatically switched on in the communal areas during a power failure. No emergency power supply is available to individual flats.
4. What is your emergency response service?
Your home and development are covered by a 24-hour emergency call response service. This service is often provided by Appello, a FirstPort associated company and the country’s leading provider of personal alarm monitoring services. For retirement developments, whenever your Development Manager is off-duty and an emergency arises, you can get help at the touch of a button or pull of a cord.
The on-call team will make sure you get the right kind of help, as soon as possible.
Your emergency call monitoring service provides:
- Development Manager cover: For retirement developments, if the Development Manager is off duty, they will organise emergency repairs and maintenance
- Out-of-hours monitoring: Appello will use its network of approved contractors to provide rapid assistance for emergencies such as flooding or power cuts
- Carer access line: For retirement developments, Appello can provide a secure, dedicated access line for carers. Please ask your Development Manager for details of the 24-hour emergency call response provider.